Delivering expertise around the world
As well as working extensively within the UK we have been privileged to share our expertise and knowledge internationally.
We continue to work with broadcasters, regulators, agencies and civil authorities around the world on a wide range of issues from regulating elections to auditing public service broadcasters and establishing regulatory frameworks. Our founder, Louise McMurchie, is also a designated expert on media regulation to the Council of Europe.
What are you looking for?
Our international work has covered a number of areas and issues some of which may relate to what you are looking for:
- Audits of processes and resources in broadcasting and regulatory frameworks
- Assessment of regional and cultural sensitivities in devising codes of practice
- Drafting media law on public service broadcasting and regulation in emerging democracies e.g. Georgia, Ivory Coast, Indonesia
- Analysis of how to devise and implement a regulatory system across all media platforms, including print
- Devising and implementing statutory and self-regulatory models, including policy documentation and guidelines
- Drafting Content Codes, consulting on codes and content enforcement
- Establishing or revitalising public service broadcasting from funding, structures and appropriate regulation
- Guidelines to openly appoint commissioners/tribunal members and design of processes that deliver an accountable framework
- Capacity building to include an initial evaluation of skill sets and to provide training in how to interpret and apply codes and guidelines, media monitoring and enforcement policies e.g. Iraqi Communication and Media Commission
- Advising on election broadcasting, fair access and coverage of elections, to ensure the electorate is accurately informed
To date we have worked with:
- The Council of Europe
- The British Council
- Article 19
- Access Info Europe
- European Institute for the Media
- Albany Associates Ltd
- Mostra, Belgium & Luxembourg
and been active in several emerging democracies in Europe, Asia and the Middle East. If you would be interested in finding out more, please do get in touch.